Update: My call for people to submit guest posts while this site otherwise goes into permanent/temporary (?) hiatus has been so successful that I have decided to abandon this plan. By “successful” I mean I received almost one guest post submission. Not quite one. But a number somewhere between zero and one, inclusive of zero. So I am abandoning this little project. Goodbye for now. When I announced my retirement from blogging, it caused quite a stir. The prospect of such a blogging titan being taken out in his prime was too much for some folk. I have since had a number of people beg me to reconsider my decision, including one prominent politician who kindly offered to climb on top of me to prevent me from being cut down. Efforts by bloggers in the past to retire have not always been successful. It’s entirely possible that at some point in the future I will return to regular blogging, but that’s not what this post is about. And, no, a new post does not mean I am “unretiring”. It’s more an explanation of what’s coming next. It seems a waste of a good website to just stop posting anything, so here’s the plan. I want others to do my job for me. Send me posts and I might publish them. Does that sound good or what? But wait! I’m a lawyer, so there will have to be some rules and guidelines around this.
- Your post doesn’t have to be satirical or funny. Serious political posts will be considered. But if you are writing satire, bear in mind that I find most “fake news” hilariously unfunny. Most people aren’t very good at it.
- Although traditionally I have posted only disgustingly left-wing propaganda, I will consider other perspectives.
- You would ideally include a brief bio with each post, so readers can get a flavour for the sort of person you are. An example might be something like “John Smith is a computer scientist who lives in Auckland. He is the Chairman of the Stop the Silly Things Foundation. In his spare time he likes to assemble Ikea furniture and write angry letters to the Vatican.” I will accept pseudonymous posts, however.
- I reserve the right to reject material that is potentially defamatory, offensive, or (even worse) uninteresting. I also reserve the right to make editorial changes to anything sent to me.
- Please don’t send me advertising in disguise, or boring press releases.
- This is a non-commercial operation. I won’t pay you a cent for your work.
- Please don’t infringe copyright. Don’t include images with your post unless you have the right to publish them.
- All copyright works on this site are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 licence. That’s explained here. By submitting a post for publication, you are agreeing that your material will be subject to the terms of that licence.
- In recent times I have not allowed people to post comments on the site. However, I will enable comments on all guest posts, so that people can tell you what a wonderful person you are. I obviously can’t control what people say about your work.
Any questions? Send your guest posts to me at email@example.com.
You must be logged in to post a comment.